Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Life in our Cocoons

The highlight of my day? Grocery shopping!

Has anyone every told you that you should never go shopping when you're hungry? Ha! If it was on sale and I've ever been hungry for it in the last three months, it went in my cart. I think we're stocked up for a while.

I usually weigh only on Mondays but I weighed today just out of curiosity. My body has shed exactly 60 pounds in 3 months. I also got back the lab from my last blood draw and posted them.

I will keep weighing in...now on Fridays. (I'll give myself a good week of eating normal, but healthy, food and substituting one daily serving of Numana for one meal each day.) At the end of November, I will also get my blood drawn again to make sure that the anemia is steadily improving.

What an experience.

You know, last night's post was one of my most read ever. Interestingly, only one person commented on it. One. Some of the messages of the Bible are not so fun to hear.

As a child, I remember the commercials that were on TV hosted by Sally Struthers. I know I didn't think much about it then. However, I don't think my children will be so blind or nonchalant about this issue throughout their lives.

It is so much easier to live life in our own little cocoons. But as Christians, we can't do that.

A heard a woman at the church the other day say, "Well, as long as you're happy.  God wants you to be happy."

Really? Jesus doesn't say a darn thing about the importance of your happiness in any of the Gospel accounts. Quite the opposite.

Do you know what?  It's not about you at all.

And the sooner we get that...the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment