Thursday, November 1, 2012

First Donation!

Well, I obviously have a gut of steel.  Leftover frozen pizza, corn, and apple wedges for breakfast and...Long John Silver's for supper!  No problem.  Wow.

Okay, now I've got that craving out of the way.

The great news is that I received the first donation for the food packaging event in the mail today!  I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the second phase of this project.

Tonight my husband and oldest daughter went with me to workout. I'm determined that I will get my body back to a healthy state and maintain it.  (Yes, I know that deep-fried, battered chicken and onion rings are not part of the program.  Give me some grace here.)

I'm looking at April for the food packaging event.  Please keep praying for this project and specifically be praying for the people that will one day soon be receiving the food that is packaged through it.


Keep in mind that this is not just a "cause."  There are real people out there who need this food, who are PRAYING for this food.

Isn't it kind of cool that we can be praying for people who we don't even know and who don't even realize that this food will be coming...but who will soon be filling their bellies due to our combined efforts?

What a blessing it is to serve others!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you could eat Long John Silvers on your first day eating real food again! Praising God for the donation and looking forward to helping in April.

    ReplyDelete