Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Night to Remember

I've finally got the concert sorted out in my mind enough to post a blog about it. I posted it in my family blog rather than this one. You can see it here.

What a perfect night it was.

Who goes to see their favorite artist after waiting 28 years for the opportunity and ends up on the front row?

But there are negatives to being so close...I was able to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. Nothing is hidden from view when you are that close.  I could see Bruce telling the band which song would be next, the wrinkles, the snot...but I could also see the sweet smiles at the disabled girl beside me and every single pluck of the guitar strings.

Yep, Bruce is most definitely human. Full of flaws and fighting internal and external battles just like the rest of us.

But he is also sharing his gifts with the world--gifts given to him by our Creator. And you may not realize just how many of them acknowledge God and that grace offered through our Savior.

Take a listen...


No comments:

Post a Comment